• The 27th edition of the Rallye Aicha des Gazelles - 17th March to 1st April, 2017 - This event is the only women-only off-road rally in the world. Created in 1990, this unique event brings women between the ages of 18 and 65 from more than 30 different countries together in the Moroccan desert.
• WTCC Race of Marrakech – 8th-9th April 2017 - is a round of the World Touring Car Championship, held on the temporary Marrakech Street Circuit.
• Hassan II Golf Trophy - 10th-16th April 2017- is a men’s golf tournament that was created in 1971 and has been included in the European Tour calendar since 2010. The event takes place in Agadir since 2011, and after five years the tournament returned to its homeland, in Rabat. It attracts a plethora of high quality professional players and has asserted itself as a great golf event.
• Fez Festival, World Sacred Music - 12th-20th May 2017 - is an annual music festival that is held for a week in Fes. It was first held in 1994 as a statement of tolerance and has expanded gathering musicians from sacred Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, Jewish and Christian traditions across 11 centuries. It is widely acclaimed as one of the world’s great musical events bringing together an ecumenical lineup of musicians and performers from every corner of our planet.
• Gnaoua Festival - 29th June-2nd July 2017- is a jazz, pop, rock, soul and contemporary world music festival in Morocco. Rooted in traditional North African culture, Gnaoua welcomes a diverse and unique selection of artists to the port city of Essaouira. For four days the city comes alive, bustling with markets, street performances, walkabout theatre and much, much more in an explosion of vibrancy and colour.
• International Marrakech Film Festival – 2nd-10th December 2017 - was created in 2001 to promote arts and the film industry in Morocco. Renewing the dialogue between talents and intellects, encouraging diversity and building bridges between different cultures and countries, this festival has become a crossroad where great national and international actors, producers, film makers and directors are gathered every year .
(Images courtesy of Activ' Travel DMC)