Korea’s hold on the top spot as an international convention destination (UIA Statistics reports 2017 and 2018), owes much to Korea’s leadership in so many of the world’s key industries, especially Science, Engineering, Art and Design.
Across the entire Medical spectrum Korea’s leading experts continue to be keenly involved in the business of meetings and international associations.
The end of 2017 saw begin to take shape and we are pleased to introduce the first 14. The programme ensures that, when it comes to the business end of international events, there are proactive champions in place to support international meetings coming to South Korea, and a ready network of experts in particular fields, who understand what international congress and summits require to make them a success.
Ranging from electrical engineering and robotics, to neurology and foetal medicine, Korea’s Ambassadors are passionate about their subjects and Korea’s abilities to host outstanding events.
Recent and upcoming Medical & Scientific congress include:
• 77 FIP World Congress of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2017, Seoul, 10-14 September 2017 - 2,600 delegates
• The 14th International Congress of Parasitology (ICOPA2018) in Daegu, this month - August 19 (Sun) - 24 (Fri), 2018 - 2,500 delegates anticipated
• 20th International Society of Addiction Medicine Annual Meeting (ISAM BUSAN 2018) which will be held in Busan, Korea, November 3 (Sat) – 6 (Tue), 2018 - 500 delegates anticipated
• 38th Congress of the Société Internationale d'Urologie October 4 – 7, 2018 - 3000 delegates anticipated
• 10th IBRO World Congress of Neuroscience, Daegu, 21-25 September 2019 - 3000 delegates anticipated
• 28 International Congress of the Transplantation Society in Seoul 2020 - 4,500 delegates anticipated
• 16 Int. Congress of Bacteriology and Applied Microbiology, 16 Int. Congress of Mycology and 18 Int. Congr. of Virology, Daejeon 2020 - 3,500 delegates anticipated
Korea’s efficient infrastructure, range of dedicated convention centres and meeting hotels, tick every box for those seeking their best conference yet, and Korea’s renowned lead in technology delivers a connected audience, and no hidden wifi extras!
Adding further support to international organisations for their global meetings, KoreaMICE Bureau, under the Korea Tourism Organisation, assists local members and international organisations with bidding support, local engagement, and more, for qualifying events. Coupled with initiatives such as the recent Korea Unique Venues campaign to outline various offsites and more unusual meeting spaces, the Convention Bureau works with event planners throughout the bid and planning stages to deliver successful events.